Nykolett Interior Decor

Nykolett Interior Decor
Curtain & Soft Furnishing

Sunday 22 January 2012

Cosmo bag sew along ..

Since it is going to be a long weekend i have so much time to spend in this small space of mine.Have been harping on FB almost the whole day.Reading every friends's status  but only commented a few which strike  common interest. Currently there is sew along on Amy Butler Cosmo Bag on Facebook among us GMJ(geng mesin jahit).As much as i want to join this crowd but somehow i was little put off by the rather short dateline..to be completed 31st.January...that would mean working throughout the long holiday week end.
I don't fancy that lor.,chinese new year maa...and for a mediocre person.... with a moderate knowledge and experience in bag making i might need more time.Hmmmm..which leads me to look back at my own venture into the same activity a couple months ago..


After completing 2 cosmo bags ,( the first was almost a disaster!)the experience is still fresh in my mind.I broke 3 needles on the first try as i used too thick interfacing.But it was fun after completion as the gigantic bag is so practical and spacious.. Just a recap of my work in May 2011...




My first attempt..it weighs a ton even with nothing inside..


A good house for my stash... as its too heavy to be carried around ...




Second attempt...more polish look,more lighter in weight but equally huge as the first one.....


Just adore the large side pockets..can snuggle my palm into them easily.This bag follows me every where...I love the space and pockets... 

Just look how roomy it is..
I am quite tempted to try more.Must improve my sewing skills and remember the steps.You will never know when you need them...but must try bright colors next time around....much confident now...it goes without saying..practice makes perfect..

4 comments:

  1. I think you mean the 1H1P group.. (It does get confusing as you meet almost the same people in all the groups.. heheheh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...thanx su for correcting me..I am following all the updates in the sew along on FB.All having fun kan..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow kak ros, boleh siap 2 beg tuh.. cayalah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete